- Title: U.S. Secretary of State Tillerson meets Portuguese FM Santos Silva
- Date: 27th July 2017
- Summary: WASHINGTON, D.C., U.S.A. (JULY 27, 2017) (STATE TV) U.S. SECRETARY OF STATE REX TILLERSON AND PORTUGUESE FOREIGN MINISTER AUGUSTO SANTOS SILVA WALKING OUT TILLERSON AND SANTOS SILVA SHAKING HANDS AND GREETING EACH OTHER TILLERSON AND SANTOS SILVA WALKING AWAY
- Embargoed: 10th August 2017 17:04
- Keywords: U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson Portuguese Foreign Minister Augusto Santos Silva
- Location: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- City: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016RHUZIF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson met with Portuguese Foreign Minister Augusto Santos Silva on Thursday (July 27) where the two were expected to discuss the crisis in Venezuela and the tensions with North Korea.
Portugal has expressed concern over the situation in Venezuela, home to hundreds of thousands of Portuguese citizens and as many as a million Portuguese descendants. As the crisis has grown, there has been an uptick in migrants returning to Portugal.
A member of NATO, Portugal has been a U.S. ally regarding the situation with North Korea.
- Copyright Holder: STATE DEPARTMENT TV
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None