- Title: Fire it up! Hot air balloons light up the Umbrian night
- Date: 29th July 2017
- Summary: TERNI, ITALY (JULY 28, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF BALLOONISTS SETTING UP BALLOONS VARIOUS OF BALLOONISTS TESTING FIRE MECHANISM CHILDREN PLAYING NEXT TO BALLOON CHILD GETTING INSIDE BALLOON'S BASKET (SOUNDBITE) (English) BALLOONIST ANDREW LAING FROM SCOTLAND SAYING: "Balloons are magical because once you are up there you are just floating along, just with the breeze. You can go as low as the top of the trees or as high as the clouds. You have no idea where you are going to land. It's a magical mystery tour. Strongly recommended.'' " CHILD ON BALLOON'S BASKET TRUCK DRIVING PAST PUBLIC FLARING UP BALLOON'S CYLINDERS VARIOUS OF CREWS BLOWING BALLOONS UP (SOUNDBITE) (English) BALLOONIST BEV DRAWBRIDGE SAYING: "It's the freedom and the complete unknown. We are working on the weather. We cannot see the wind, we can only feel it, so it is the complete unknown of the atmosphere and the weather that we are dealing with.'' VARIOUS OF HOT AIR BALLOONS FIRING UP (SOUNDBITE) (Italian) SHOW ATTENDEE SAYING: "I liked it very much. A very beautiful thing and totally unexpected. I have never seen hot air balloons up so close.'' VARIOUS OF SHOW
- Embargoed: 12th August 2017 00:59
- Keywords: hot air balloons ballooning event hot air balloons fired up Umbria wine valley
- Location: TERNI, ITALY
- City: TERNI, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Living / Lifestyle,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News,Society/Social Issues,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016RMUCEX
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Tens of hot air balloons from Europe and South America lit up the night skies in Italy on Friday (July 28) in one of the world's biggest ballooning events.
The hot air balloons are taking part in the Sagrantino Cup, described by organisers as the "most relaxed event in the international ballooning calendar".
The hot air balloons were lined up at an airstrip near the Umbrian town of Terni at sunset and fired up simultaneously.
Participants are expected to take off at sunrise on Saturday (July 29) morning and take to the skies above the Sagrantino wine-valley.
According to organisers the ballooning event in the Umbrian valley stretches over ten days and features several occasions for the balloonists to socialise, often over local food and wine.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None