- Title: Commuter train crash in Barcelona station injures at least 54
- Date: 28th July 2017
- Summary: BARCELONA, SPAIN (JULY 28, 2017) (REUTERS) TRAIN WITH DAMAGE TO FRONT AND EMERGENCY SERVICES AT TRAIN STATION EMERGENCY SERVICES GATHERED AROUND INJURED PASSENGER LAYING ON STRETCHER INJURED PASSENGER ON A STRETCHER AND EMERGENCY SERVICES AND POLICE IN STATION EMERGENCY SERVICES AND POLICE INJURED PERSON BEING WHEELED AWAY ON STRETCHER / FIREMAN RETURNING TO STATION WITH EMPTY STRETCHER INJURED PASSENGER LYING ON STRETCHER AND EMERGENCY WORKERS STRAPPING HIM IN DAMAGE ON SIDE OF TRAIN CAMERAMAN FILMING DAMAGE ON SIDE OF TRAIN EMERGENCY WORKERS PUTTING INJURED IN BACK OF AMBULANCE OUTSIDE STATION FIRE TRUCKS PARKED OUTSIDE STATION AND PEOPLE LOOKING ON
- Embargoed: 11th August 2017 09:17
- Keywords: Barcelona train crash Spain crash Barcelona accident Barcelona train Spain
- Location: BARCELONA, SPAIN
- City: BARCELONA, SPAIN
- Country: Spain
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents
- Reuters ID: LVA0016RMTG07
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A commuter train crashed into a buffer in Barcelona's Francia terminus on Friday (July 28) morning, injuring at least 54 people, one of them seriously, emergency services said.
The force of the crash crumpled the front of the train against the buffer and detached a sheet of metal.
At least 19 of the injured, including the driver, were taken to hospital, emergency services said, while medics treated others on stretchers on the platform.
Many of the passengers were already standing, ready to get off, when the train crashed, the newspaper La Vanguardia reported.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None