- Title: Russia orders US to cut diplomatic staff, says to seize diplomatic property
- Date: 28th July 2017
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (JULY 28, 2017) (REUTERS) SCREEN SHOWING RUSSIAN FOREIGN MINISTRY STATEMENT ON RETALIATION AGAINST U.S. FOR NEW SANCTIONS CLOSE OF FOREIGN MINISTRY LOGO REFERENCE TO DACHA COMPOUND 'SEREBRYANY BOR' HIGHLIGHTED ON SCREEN
- Embargoed: 11th August 2017 11:38
- Keywords: Russia US cut diplomatic staff seize diplomatic property dacha compound warehouse retaliation
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- City: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016RMTU87
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Russia ordered the United States to cut its diplomatic staff by Sept. 1 and said it was seizing a dacha compound and warehouse used by U.S. diplomats in retaliation for new U.S. sanctions against Moscow.
Russia's retaliation, outlined in a statement from the Foreign Ministry, came a day after the U.S. Senate voted to slap new sanctions on Russia, putting President Donald Trump in a tough position by forcing him to take a hard line on Moscow or veto the legislation and anger his own Republican Party.
The Russian Foreign Ministry also warned the United States it would respond in kind if Washington decided to expel any Russian diplomats.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None