- Title: Palestinian teen killed during clashes near Israeli fence - health ministry
- Date: 28th July 2017
- Summary: MAN MOVING INJURED ON HOSPITAL BED PARAMEDIC CHECKING INJURED PEOPLE AT HOSPITAL SIGN READING (English and Arabic): "EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT" EXTERIOR OF HOSPITAL
- Embargoed: 11th August 2017 16:31
- Keywords: Palestinian dead clashes with Israeli forces fence between Gaza and Israel Israel Gaza clashes
- Location: GAZA CITY, GAZA
- City: GAZA CITY, GAZA
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0026RMSSAV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: EDIT CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES
A Palestinian teenager was killed on Friday (July 28) during clashes with Israeli forces at the Israeli-Gaza border, the Palestinian health ministry said.
Palestinian medics said Hussian Abu Hasimeh, 16, was killed when clashes erupted during a protest near the Israeli fence where people were demonstrating against Israeli actions in Jerusalem.
Tensions have been high in and around Jerusalem for two weeks, often erupting into clashes, since two Israeli police officers were killed there, prompting Israel to install metal detectors at the entrance to the site and a subsequent Muslim boycott.
Under immense diplomatic pressure Israel removed the metal detectors on Thursday (July 27), a move welcomed by the Arab world, but violence quickly returned when thousands of Muslim worshippers surged into the mosque, leading to scuffles with police in which dozens were hurt.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None