- Title: BRICS security ministers meet in Beijing
- Date: 28th July 2017
- Summary: BEIJING, CHINA (JULY 28, 2017) (REUTERS) **** WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **** MEETING IN PROGRESS XI SPEAKING (FROM LEFT) BRAZILIAN INSTITUTIONAL SECURITY MINISTER SERGIO ETCHEGOYEN, INDIAN NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISOR AJIT DOVAL, SOUTH AFRICAN MINISTER OF STATE SECURITY DAVID MAHLOBO AND RUSSIAN SECURITY COUNCIL SECRETARY NIKOLAI PATRUSHEV SEATED MAHLOBO AND PATRUSHEV SEATED ETCHEGOYEN AND DOVAL SEATED DELEGATES SEATED, XI SPEAKING CHINESE DELEGATES INCLUDING CHINESE STATE COUNCILOR YANG JIECHI (LEFT) AND CHINESE FOREIGN MINISTER WANG YI (CENTRE) SEATED MEETING IN PROGRESS EXTERIOR OF THE GREAT HALL OF THE PEOPLE
- Embargoed: 11th August 2017 11:26
- Keywords: BRICS Xi Jinping security BRICS meeting in China BRICS China 2017
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA
- City: BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016RMSJLZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Chinese President Xi Jinping on Friday (July 28) met with national security advisors from the BRICS grouping, who are in Beijing for talks on multilateral issues.
Xi said cooperation between BRICS countries, which includes Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa, has extended benefits for all five nations and should further be promoted in economic and financial cooperation, people-to-people exchange and security communication and coordination.
Earlier on Friday, Chinese State Councilor Yang Jiechi welcomed delegates from the five nations at the opening of the seventh meeting of BRICS High Representatives for Security Issues at the Diaoyutai State Guesthouse.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None