- Title: Commuter train crash in Barcelona station injures 48
- Date: 28th July 2017
- Summary: BARCELONA, SPAIN (JULY 28, 2017) (REUTERS) AMBULANCE DRIVING OUTSIDE STATION, ROW OF EMERGENCY VEHICLES LINED UP BEHIND EMERGENCY VEHICLES OUTSIDE TRAIN STATION EMERGENCY CREW CARRYING STRETCHER INSIDE STATION / PEOPLE WAITING AT CONCOURSE OF TRAIN STATION
- Embargoed: 11th August 2017 08:30
- Keywords: Spain train crash Barcelona Francia station train crash injuries Rodalies commuter rail service Barcelona crash
- Location: BARCELONA, SPAIN
- City: BARCELONA, SPAIN
- Country: Spain
- Topics: Ground Accidents/Collisions,Disaster/Accidents
- Reuters ID: LVA0016RMSW93
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: **** VIDEO QUALITY AS INCOMING ****
A commuter train crashed into a railway buffer in Barcelona's Francia station, injuring 48 people, five of those seriously, emergency services said on Friday (July 28). There were no deaths reported.
At least 18 of the injured needed hospital attention, emergency services said. The driver was among the injured, they said.
The train was coming from Sant Vicenc de Calders village in the province of Tarragona on the R2 line of the Rodalies commuter rail service, emergency services said.
The cause of the crash was not immediately known.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None