- Title: Suspects of Kim Jong Nam murder case arrive in Malaysia court
- Date: 28th July 2017
- Summary: SHAH ALAM, SELANGOR STATE, MALAYSIA (JULY 28, 2017) (REUTERS) ENTRANCE OF SHAH ALAM HIGH COURT ARRIVAL OF ONE OF KIM JONG NAM MURDER SUSPECT WITH POLICE ESCORT ENTRANCE OF SHAH ALAM HIGH COURT ARRIVAL OF ONE OF KIM JONG NAM MURDER SUSPECTS WITH POLICE ESCORT ENTRANCE OF SHAH ALAM COURT
- Embargoed: 11th August 2017 01:31
- Keywords: North Korea Malaysia court murder Kim Jong Nam
- Location: SHAH ALAM, SELANGOR, MALAYSIA
- City: SHAH ALAM, SELANGOR, MALAYSIA
- Country: Malaysia
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Judicial Process/Court Cases/Court Decisions
- Reuters ID: LVA0016RMS66D
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Suspects of Kim Jong Nam murder case arrived in a Malaysia court on Friday (July 28).
Duan Thi Huong from Vietnam and Indonesian Siri Aishah were charged under section 302 of the penal code, which carries the death penalty.
Both women have told diplomats from their countries that they had been paid to take part in what they believed was a prank for a reality television show.
Police have said the women smeared VX nerve agent, a chemical on a U.N. list of weapons of mass destruction, on Kim Jong Nam's face in an assault recorded on security cameras in the Malaysian capital's airport on February 13.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None