- Title: NBA players mark Hong Kong anniversary
- Date: 30th July 2017
- Summary: CHINESE TEAM HIGH-FIVING
- Embargoed: 13th August 2017 17:17
- Keywords: NBA Yao Ming
- Location: HONG KONG, CHINA
- City: HONG KONG, CHINA
- Country: Hong Kong
- Topics: Basketball,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0026RWQUDB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Watched by NBA legend Yao Ming, players from the NBA and the Chinese Basketball Association faced off in a friendly match in Hong Kong on Sunday (July 30) as part of the city's celebrations for the 20th anniversary of the island's handover to China.
NBA players JR Smith, Vince Carter, Bobby Portis, Trey Lyles and Justin Anderson took part in the lighthearted encounter.
But the South China Morning Post reported the hosts, the South China Athletic Association, said last month three NBA teams, the Houston Rockets, San Antonio Spurs and Oklahoma City Thunder, would be sending stars for the match against Chinese players led by Yao Ming.
But no players from the teams were on the team list released by the organisers, it reported.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.