- Title: Supporters of Israel's Hebron shooting soldier gather ahead of appeal verdict
- Date: 30th July 2017
- Summary: AZARIA'S PHOTO/ WOMAN HOLDING FLAG
- Embargoed: 13th August 2017 10:45
- Keywords: Hebron shooting soldier Israeli military court convicts soldier in manslaughter Israeli-Palestinian conflict Elor Azaria appeal ruling
- Location: TEL AVIV, ISRAEL
- City: TEL AVIV, ISRAEL
- Country: Israel
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0026RWQCZR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Israelis gathered outside a Tel Aviv military base on Sunday (July 30) to show support for a soldier who shot dead a wounded Palestinian assailant in the West Bank, shortly before a military court was expected to rule on appeals in his case.
The soldier, Elor Azaria, was convicted of manslaughter in February and sentenced to 18 months imprisonment for killing a wounded and incapacitated Palestinian assailant in the West Bank city of Hebron.
Azaria was discharged from the military this month, the end of his conscript service, and was placed under house arrest. He arrived in court on Sunday wearing a white T-shirt.
Azaria's trial was one of the most divisive in Israel's history.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Video restrictions: parts of this video may require additional clearances. Please see ‘Business Notes’ for more information.