- Title: Supporters of Israel's Hebron shooting soldier gather ahead of appeal verdict
- Date: 30th July 2017
- Summary: TEL AVIV, ISRAEL (JULY 30, 2017) (REUTERS) SUPPORTERS OF ISRAELI 'HEBRON SHOOTING SOLDIER', ELOR AZARIA, GATHERING OUTSIDE MILITARY COURT THAT IS EXPECTED TO RULE ON TWO APPEALS IN THE CASE VARIOUS OF AZARIA'S SUPPORTERS WITH ISRAELI FLAGS WOMEN HOLDING ISRAELI FLAG WITH AZARIA'S PHOTO ON IT
- Embargoed: 13th August 2017 10:45
- Keywords: Hebron shooting soldier Israeli military court convicts soldier in manslaughter Israeli-Palestinian conflict Elor Azaria appeal ruling
- Location: TEL AVIV, ISRAEL
- City: TEL AVIV, ISRAEL
- Country: Israel
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0016RWQCZR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Israelis gathered outside a Tel Aviv military base on Sunday (July 30) to show support for a soldier who shot dead a wounded Palestinian assailant in the West Bank, shortly before a military court was expected to rule on appeals in his case.
The soldier, Elor Azaria, was convicted of manslaughter in February and sentenced to 18 months imprisonment for killing a wounded and incapacitated Palestinian assailant in the West Bank city of Hebron.
Azaria was discharged from the military this month, the end of his conscript service, and was placed under house arrest. He arrived in court on Sunday wearing a white T-shirt.
Azaria's trial was one of the most divisive in Israel's history.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None