- Title: Mnuchin says Trump will be "on the road" to sell tax reform
- Date: 31st July 2017
- Summary: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES (FILE) (REUTERS) WIDE SHOT OF INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE BUILDING TIGHT SHOT OF INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE BUILDING SIGN WIDE SHOT OF IRS BUILDING
- Embargoed: 14th August 2017 19:35
- Keywords: Trump Treasury Secretary Munuchin Congress taxes tax reform
- Location: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- City: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Budget/Taxation/Revenue,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0026S1U1JB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said Monday (July 31) that President Donald Trump would be "on the road" to help sell his Administration's tax reform plan.
"This is the greatest negotiator, he understands business, he understands that he is going to be on the road helping us sell it," Mnuchin said at a conference hosted by conservative groups pushing for tax reform.
Trump and members of his administration on Sunday goaded Republican senators to stick with trying to pass a healthcare bill, after the lawmakers failed spectacularly last week to muster the votes to end Obamacare.
The pledge comes as Trump has continued to push Congress to move on health care after the lawmakers failed spectacularly last week to muster the votes to end Obamacare.
But it was unclear whether the White House admonishments would have any impact on Capitol Hill, where Republicans who control both houses signaled last week that it was time to move on to other issues.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None