- Title: Rudisha pulls out of worlds due to quad strain
- Date: 31st July 2017
- Summary: VARIOUS OF RUDISHA HOLDING HIS GOLD MEDAL
- Embargoed: 14th August 2017 17:13
- Keywords: Kenya David Rudisha quad strai withdraw from World Championships London reigning world and Olympic champion
- Location: RIO DE JANERIO, BRAZIL & ELDORET, KENYA
- City: RIO DE JANERIO, BRAZIL & ELDORET, KENYA
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Athletics,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0026S1TOVZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: World 800 metres record holder David Rudisha has pulled out of the forthcoming World Athletics' Championships with a quad muscle strain, the Kenyan announced on his Twitter feed on Monday (July 31).
Rudisha, reigning Olympic and world champion, is the first and only person to run under 1 minute 41 seconds for the 800 m. He would have been one of the star names at the Aug. 4-13 global show-piece event in London.
"Its (sic) sad and disappointing to announce my no show in the forthcoming #london2017 WC due to a quad muscle strain," the 28-year-old said.
Rudisha won his first 800 m. world title in Daegu in 2011, a year before his world record-performance at the Olympics in the same London Stadium where the world championships are being held.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Video restrictions: parts of this video may require additional clearances. Please see ‘Business Notes’ for more information.