- Title: Cristiano Ronaldo arrives at court for tax fraud case
- Date: 31st July 2017
- Summary: POZUELO DE ALARCON, SPAIN (JULY 31, 2017) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF COURT CAR BELIEVED TO BE CARRYING FOOTBALLER CRISTIANO RONALDO ENTERING UNDERGROUND CAR PARK IN THE BACK OF THE COURT/ PEOPLE WATCHING VARIOUS RONALDO'S FRIENDS MIGUEL PAIXAO AND RICARDO REGUFE ARRIVING THROUGH THE BACKDOOR MEDIA WAITING FOR RONALDO (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) COURT PRESS OFFICER, JOSE MANUEL GARCIA, SAYING: "He is already in court, in case you didn't have that information." JOURNALISTS OUTSIDE COURT MEDIA OUTSIDE COURT
- Embargoed: 14th August 2017 10:40
- Keywords: Cristiano Ronaldo Ronaldo tax tax fraud court court case image rights soccer
- Location: POZUELO DE ALARCON, SPAIN
- City: POZUELO DE ALARCON, SPAIN
- Country: Spain
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Judicial Process/Court Cases/Court Decisions,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016S1RVBB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo, accused of evading 14.7 million euros ($17.3 million) in taxes, arrived at the Pozuelo de Alarcon court on Monday (July 31) to testify.
The Spanish prosecutor says the 32-year-old Portuguese footballer knowingly used a business structure to hide his image rights income in Spain between 2011 and 2014. Ronaldo has denied the allegations.
Real Madrid's star player arrived in a black Mercedes and entered the court through the underground car park at the back of the building.
If found guilty of hiding earnings Ronaldo would face a large fine and a possible custodial sentence.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None