- Title: Simeone, Sarri react to Atletico win over Napoli
- Date: 1st August 2017
- Summary: MUNICH, GERMANY (AUGUST 1, 2017) (REUTERS) ATLETICO COACH DIEGO SIMEONE ENTERING NEWS CONFERENCE AND SITTING DOWN ATLETICO SIGN JOURNALISTS SIMEONE AT NEWS CONFERENCE (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) ATLETICO COACH, DIEGO SIMEONE, SAYING: "First of all having won, we started losing the game and then overcoming is always an important reaction from the team. We faced a Napoli that were superior at times, they were better prepared, they need to be ready for the Champions League qualifying round to be able to put up a good fight and that makes them very good technically and strategically." JOURNALISTS VARIOUS OF SIMEONE AT NEWS CONFERENCE (SOUNDBITE) (Italian) ATLETICO COACH, DIEGO SIMEONE, SAYING: "(Atletico goalkeeper) Jan (Oblak) is a fantastic goalkeeper, one of the best in the world. We have got him and he is ready to do what he has to do, to close the lines of our rivals. He was very good with shots coming from outside the penalty area, played hard and blocked as he had to. OblakÂ´s performance was very, very good." JOURNALISTS NAPOLI SIGN (SOUNDBITE) (Italian) NAPOLI COACH, MAURIZIO SARRI, SAYING: "With this kind of rival we had the need to play in different climate conditions to be able to play at a higher level because with this temperature it was hard to keep up the rhythm. We played very well the first 60 minutes. We have lost against a team that reached two Champions League finals and one semi-final in the last four years. I am satisfied. I am a bit angry because I expected more from those who went in later. They should have done more." VARIOUS OF SARRI AT NEWS CONFERENCE (SOUNDBITE) (Italian) NAPOLI COACH, MAURIZIO SARRI, SAYING: "Godin could have avoided such a fault in this kind of tournament. This is a team that is used to playing at a very aggressive level. I don't like this because getting hurt in a game like this at this point of the season would be bad. Let's wait until tomorrow, I hope it is less severe than what we think." JOURNALISTS
- Embargoed: 15th August 2017 21:00
- Keywords: Diego Simeone Bayern Munich Italy soccer Spain football Napoli Atletico Madrid Germany
- Location: MUNICH, GERMANY
- City: MUNICH, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016SBTLBZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Jan Oblak made a string of saves against Napoli on Tuesday (August 1) to help his side gain a 2-1 victory over their Italian rivals at the Audi Cup in Germany.
The Italians dominated the first half but were unable to find a way past the Belgian keeper, who stopped a penalty from Arkadiusz Milik.
Napoli did take the lead eventually through Spaniard Jose Callejon but Atletico turned the game around through strikes from Fernando Torres and Luciano Vietto.
But Atletico had defender Diego Godin with two rash challenges in the final ten minutes of the game.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None