- Title: Hollywood Foreign Press celebrate annual grants handout
- Date: 3rd August 2017
- Summary: BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (AUGUST 2, 2017) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF ACTOR DUSTIN HOFFMAN ACTRESS ELIZABETH MOSS ACTOR PATRICK STEWART COMEDIAN CHELSEA HANDLER ACTRESS KATHRYN HAHN ACTOR MATT BOMER ACTOR ANTHONY MACKIE ACTOR ARMIE HAMMER AND WIFE ELIZABETH CHAMBERS ACTOR CHADWICK BOSEMAN
- Embargoed: 17th August 2017 23:09
- Keywords: Dustin Hoffman Matt Bomer Patrick Stewart Chelsea Handler Hollywood Foreign Press Association Golden Globes banquet grants
- Location: BEVELRY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES;
- City: BEVELRY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES;
- Country: USA
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA0016SLTPOT
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A slew of celebrities turned out for the annual Hollywood Foreign Press Association Grants Banquet, where more than $2.8 million was given out to non-profit organizations.
The evening, hosted by Chelsea Handler and attended by actors Dustin Hoffman, Matt Bomer and Patrick Stewart, saw grants handed out to organisations like the Los Angeles LGBT Center for the Outset - an organization which looks to encourage young LGBTQ film makers.
Another organisation given a grant was Teh American Film Institute's Directing Workshop for Women, which hopes to expand the number of female directors in Hollywood.
The Hollywood Foreign Press Association, also known as the HFPA, the organization behind the Golden Globes awards, has given out nearly $30 million in grants in the past 25 years.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None