- Title: Venezuela investigating molotov cocktail attack against Spanish embassy
- Date: 4th August 2017
- Summary: CARACAS, VENEZUELA (AUGUST 3, 2017) (REUTERS) GENERAL VIEW OF THE ENTRANCE TO THE EMBASSY OF SPAIN IN VENEZUELA SEAL OF SPAIN ON THE EMBASSY WALL VENEZUELAN POLICE INVESTIGATING THE ENTRANCE TO THE EMBASSY POLICE CARS AT THE SCENE BY THE EMBASSY STREET IN FRONT OF THE EMBASSY CAR DRIVING UP STREET IN FRONT OF THE SPANISH EMBASSY POLICE AT ENTRANCE TO THE EMBASSY CARS DESCENDING STREET IN FRONT OF THE EMBASSY CARS IN FRONT OF THE EMBASSY PEOPLE STANDING AT THE ENTRANCE TO THE EMBASSY PEOPLE EXITING THE EMBASSY AND CARS IN FOREGROUND
- Embargoed: 18th August 2017 01:17
- Keywords: Venezuela Spain bomb molotov cocktail embassy
- Location: CARACAS, VENEZUELA
- City: CARACAS, VENEZUELA
- Country: Venezuela
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016SLTQH3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Venezuela's prosecutor's office said it was investigating an attack against the Spanish embassy in Caracas earlier on Thursday (August 3), saying two people on a motorbike had thrown several molotov cocktails at the building.
A diplomatic source told Reuters there were no injuries.
The scene at the entrance to the embassy was calm after the attack.
The attack comes a day before Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro is expected to swear in the newly elected and controversial constituent assembly to replace the opposition-led National Assembly. Opposition leaders, in turn, are calling for a march to the center of Caracas to protest the creation of the 545-member constituent assembly tomorrow (August 4) as well.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None