- Title: Heavy storms cause flooding in Berlin
- Date: 3rd August 2017
- Summary: ZEHLENDORF, GERMANY (AUGUST 3, 2017) (REUTERS) BUS IN FLOODED STREET / PARTIALLY SUBMERGED CAR UNDER BRIDGE MAN APPROACHING PARTIALLY SUBMERGED CAR WITH ROPE WOMAN WADING THROUGH WATER VARIOUS OF MEN WAIST DEEP IN WATER PULLING CAR OUT FROM UNDER BRIDGE WITH ROPE PEOPLE WATCHING / MEN PULLING CAR DRAIN COVER OVERFLOWING WITH WATER / MEN PULLING CAR IN BACKGROUND DRAIN COVERS ON STREET OVERFLOWING WITH WATER MEN PUSHING CAR OUT OF FLOOD WATER CYCLIST RIDING THROUGH WATER VARIOUS OF DRAIN COVERS ON STREET OVERFLOWING KLEINMACHNOW, GERMANY (AUGUST 3, 2017) (REUTERS) RAIN AND ROAD SEEN THROUGH WINDSCREEN OF MOVING CAR RAIN-LASHED ROAD SEEN THROUGH WINDSCREEN OF MOVING CAR RAIN HITTING GROUND RAIN-LASHED ROAD SEEN THROUGH WINDSCREEN OF MOVING CAR
- Embargoed: 17th August 2017 19:03
- Keywords: Berlin storm weather submerged car overflowing drains flash flooding
- Location: ZEHLENDORF & KLEINMACHNOW, GERMANY
- City: ZEHLENDORF & KLEINMACHNOW, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Environment,Weather
- Reuters ID: LVA0016SLSYTJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Flash flooding hit parts of Berlin on Thursday (August 3) after sudden heavy storms swept through the city.
In the south-eastern district of Zehlendorf, one driver was stranded inside his car, which was submerged in water, until passers-by hauled it out with a rope.
Hardy cyclists and pedestrians sloshed through flooded streets, as drains bubbled over with floodwater.
Nearby in Kleinmachnow, road conditions were treacherous as lashing rain reduced visibility.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None