- Title: PSG welcomes Neymar Jr to club on social media
- Date: 3rd August 2017
- Summary: HARRISON, NEW JERSEY, UNITED STATES (JULY 21, 2017) (REUTERS) 2, NEYMAR TRAINING WITH BARCELONA / NEYMAR TRAINING ALONGSIDE LUIS SUAREZ (RIGHT OF NEYMAR) AND LIONEL MESSI (RIGHT OF SUAREZ) NEYMAR, MESSI AND SUAREZ LISTENING TO ASSISTANT COACH'S INSTRUCTIONS FANS WATCHING TRAINING NEYMAR KICKING BALL NEYMAR RUNNING BARCELONA, SPAIN (FILE - APRIL 4, 2017) (REUTERS) NEYMAR, MESSI AND SUAREZ WALKING AND TALKING AT TRAINING SESSION NEYMAR TALKING WITH OTHER PLAYERS AT TRAINING BARCELONA, SPAIN (FILE - JUNE 3, 2013) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF BARCELONA PRESIDENT SANDRO ROSELL AND NEYMAR SHAKING HANDS
- Embargoed: 17th August 2017 23:19
- Keywords: Neymar Jr football soccer PSG Paris Saint-Germain Barcelona transfer signing
- Location: INTERNET / BARCELONA, SPAIN
- City: INTERNET / BARCELONA, SPAIN
- Country: France
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0026SLTR9B
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:French side Paris St Germain welcomed Neymar Jr to the football club on Thursday (August 3) with a photo on social media.
In the still image Neymar Jr is shown wearing a PSG shirt.
It comes after the Brazilian forward signed a 5-year contract with the French club.
The striker's world record transfer was completed after his now former club Barcelona said that the player's representatives had paid the 222 million euros ($263 million) release clause in his contract.
On the PSG website a statement revealed the club is 'very happy to announce the arrival of Neymar Jr to the team'.
It continued, 'On Thursday the Brazilian striker signed a five-year contract in the presence of the Club's representatives. Neymar Jr is now committed to the French capital's club until June 30 2022'.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None