- Title: Singapore and Indonesia foreign ministers arrive in Manila for regional meeting
- Date: 3rd August 2017
- Summary: MANILA, PHILIPPINES (AUGUST 3, 2017) (HOST BROADCASTER POOL) SINGAPOREAN FOREIGN MINISTER VIVIEN BALAKRISHNAN USHERED BY LOCAL STAFF
- Embargoed: 17th August 2017 12:35
- Keywords: Singapore Indonesia foreign minister ASEAN Vivian Balakrishnan Retno Marsudi ARF
- Location: MANILA, PHILIPPINES
- City: MANILA, PHILIPPINES
- Country: Philippines
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016SLRARP
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Foreign ministers from Singapore and Indonesia arrived in Manila on Thursday (August 3) ahead of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) regional meetings.
Singapore foreign minister Vivian Balakrishnan and Indonesia's Retno Marsudi were welcomed separately by Philippine officials after their arrival at Manila's international airport.
The ASEAN foreign ministers meeting officially kicks off on Saturday (August 5) with an opening ceremony, followed by the Asia Regional Forum (ARF), which brings together 27 countries including Australia, China, India, Japan, Russia, North and South Korea and the United States.
Analysts say the talks this year will focus on expressing concerns of North Korea's nuclear missile tests and regional security, while the issue on South China Sea will be on the back burner.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None