- Title: Three firemen injured, houses and cars damaged, in wildfire south of Athens
- Date: 3rd August 2017
- Summary: LAGONISSI, GREECE (AUGUST 3, 2017) (REUTERS) LARGE SWATHE OF BURNED GROUND FROM FIRE NEAR A HOUSE, FIRE-FIGHTERS HOSING BURNED GROUND VARIOUS OF FIRE-FIGHTER DOUSING FIRE WITH WATER HOSE FIRE-FIGHTERS WALKING AMIDST BURNED GROUND FIRE ENGINES ON HILL THREE FIRE ENGINES ON HILL, THIRD FIRE ENGINE (RIGHT) DAMAGED BY FIRE FIRE ENGINE DAMAGED BY FIRE VARIOUS OF FRONT OF FIRE ENGINE DAMAGED BY FIRE ENGINE AND FRONT OF FIRE ENGINE BURNED SIDE AND WHEELS OF FIRE ENGINE BURNED VARIOUS OF OTHER SIDE OF FIRE ENGINE BURNED VARIOUS OF HOUSE BURNED IN FIRE ROOF OF BURNED HOUSE WITH TILES BURNED OFF VARIOUS OF A FIRE-FIGHTER DOUSING THE BURNED HOUSE WITH A FIRE HOSE VARIOUS OF FIRE-FIGHTER MOVING HOSE THROUGH BALCONY OF BURNED HOUSE FIRE-FIGHTERS WORKING INSIDE BURNED HOUSE BURNED HOUSE BALCONY OF BURNED HOUSE ROOF OF BURNED HOUSE BURNED ROOF TILES VARIOUS OF FIRE-FIGHTERS AND FIRE ENGINES MOVING THROUGH FIRE ZONE FIRE BRIGADE TRUCK DRIVING PAST BURNED GROUND VARIOUS OF FIRE ENGINES IN FIRE ZONE BURNED HILLSIDE BLACKENED BY FIRE, FIRE ENGINES AND WATER TRUCK BELOW FIRE ENGINE AND WATER TRUCK FIRE-FIGHTERS DOUSING BURNED TREE WITH WATER FROM HOSE CAR BURNED IN FIRE FRONT WINDOW OF BURNED CAR ANOTHER CAR BURNED IN FIRE, FIRE TRUCK IN BACKGROUND VARIOUS OF BURNED CAR VARIOUS OF FIRE HELICOPTER DIVING TOWARDS SEA AND FILLING WITH WATER VARIOUS OF FIRE HELICOPTER FLYING TOWARDS FIRE
- Embargoed: 17th August 2017 17:06
- Keywords: Lagonissi fire trucks damaged three firemen injured homes damaged cars damaged wildfire Athens seaside
- Location: LAGONISSI, GREECE
- City: LAGONISSI, GREECE
- Country: Greece
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents,Fires
- Reuters ID: LVA0016SLSJ0N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A brush fire south of Athens injured three fire-fighters and damaged homes and cars on Thursday (August 3) before it was brought under control.
Authorities had ordered the evacuation of dozens of homes in Lagonissi, a coastal suburb some 30 km (19 miles) from Athens sprinkled with homes across hillsides and plots.
Around 40 fire-fighters, 20 fire trucks and two water-dropping helicopters battled the blaze, which locals say was fanned by strong winds.
Three firemen were slightly injured and two trucks suffered damage, a fire brigade official said. At least three homes and two cars were damaged by flames.
Summer wildfires are common in Greece. Hundreds died in 2007 during the most serious outbreak in decades.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None