- Title: 'Pharma bro' Martin Shkreli convicted in fraud trial
- Date: 4th August 2017
- Summary: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (FILE - JUNE 26, 2017) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF FORMER PHARMACEUTICAL EXECUTIVE, MARTIN SHKRELI, WALKING TOWARDS BROOKLYN COURTHOUSE BROOKLYN COURTHOUSE
- Embargoed: 18th August 2017 19:54
- Keywords: Martin Shkreli pharma bro drug company executive U.S. Court prosecutors guilty
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Judicial Process/Court Cases/Court Decisions
- Reuters ID: LVA0016SQSVGN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY***
Former drug company Executive Martin Shkreli was convicted of fraud by jurors in a U.S. court in Brooklyn on Friday (August 4), after a highly publicized, month-long trial.
Federal prosecutors had accused the 34-year-old of defrauding investors in his hedge funds and stealing from his old drug company, Retrophin Inc, to pay them back.
Shkreli was convicted on two counts of securities fraud and one count of conspiracy. He was found not guilty on five other count.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None