- Title: Venezuela's constituent assembly to hold first session
- Date: 4th August 2017
- Summary: VARIOUS OF WOMAN HOLDING CONSTITUTION AND BOOKLET ON CONSTITUENT ASSEMBLY WOMAN DANCING AND CHANTING WOMAN HOLDING IMAGE OF HUGO CHAVEZ
- Embargoed: 18th August 2017 18:01
- Keywords: government supporters rally as constituent assembly installation begins
- Location: CARACAS, VENEZUELA
- City: CARACAS, VENEZUELA
- Country: Venezuela
- Topics: Lawmaking,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0036SQRWP3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Venezuelan government supporters rallied outside parliament on Friday (August 4) as the newly-elected members of the Constituent Assembly entered to be sworn in.
The Constituent Assembly is authorized by the government of leftist President Nicolas Maduro to expand his powers.
Governments from Spain to Canada to Argentina have spoken out against the assembly and the United States imposed sanctions on OPEC member Venezuela, which is grappling with a political and economic crisis.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.