- Title: Comey signs book deal after abrupt end to FBI career
- Date: 3rd August 2017
- Summary: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES (FILE - JUNE 8, 2017) (UNRESTRICTED POOL - BROADCASTERS: NONE DIGITAL: NONE) FORMER FBI DIRECTOR JAMES COMEY ARRIVING FOR HIS CONGRESSIONAL TESTIMONY (SOUNDBITE) (English) FORMER FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (FBI) DIRECTOR JAMES COMEY SAYING DURING CONGRESSIONAL TESTIMONY: "Both before and after he took office and he had repeatedly told me I was doing a great job and he hoped I would stay and I had repeatedly assured him that I did intend to stay and serve out the remaining six years of my term. He told me repeatedly that he had talked to lots of people about me including our current attorney general and had learned that I was doing a great job and that I was extremely well liked by the FBI workforce. So, it confused me when I saw on television the president saying that he actually fired me because of the rush investigation."
- Embargoed: 17th August 2017 02:49
- Keywords: former FBI Directgor James Comey signs a book deal with Macmillan's Flatiron Books U.S. President Donald Trump
- Location: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- City: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016SLPZD3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Former FBI Director James Comey, who was fired by U.S. President Donald Trump, has signed a deal for a book on leadership and decision-making that will come out in spring 2018, the publisher said on Wednesday (August 2).
The book deal with Macmillan's Flatiron Books comes three months after Comey's firing raised questions about whether Trump tried to interfere with the Federal Bureau of Investigation's probe into Russia's alleged meddling with the U.S. presidential election.
The book, which has not yet been given a title, will discuss "what good, ethical leadership looks like and how it drives sound decisions," Bob Miller, president of Macmillan's Flatiron Books, said in a statement on Wednesday.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None