- Title: Foreign ministers break from formal talks for ASEAN gala dinner
- Date: 6th August 2017
- Summary: MANILA, PHILIPPINES (AUGUST 6, 2017) (HOST BROADCASTER POOL) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** AUSTRALIAN FOREIGN MINISTER, JULIE BISHOP, ARRIVING CHINESE FOREIGN MINISTER, WANG YI, ARRIVING SOUTH KOREAN FOREIGN MINISTER, KANG KYUNG-WHA, ARRIVING NORTH KOREAN FOREIGN MINISTER, RI YONG HO, ARRIVING FOREIGN MINISTERS ENTERING HALL VARIOUS OF FOREIGN MINISTERS WALKING ONTO STAGE FOR PHOTO SESSION
- Embargoed: 20th August 2017 15:46
- Keywords: gala dinner ASEAN foreign ministers
- Location: MANILA, PHILIPPINES
- City: MANILA, PHILIPPINES
- Country: Philippines
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016T0OKZR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Wearing traditional Filipino costume Barong Tagalog, foreign ministers attending a regional meeting took a break on Sunday (August 6) for a gala dinner.
Ministers from 10 ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) countries were joined by their counterparts from 16 other nations for a three-day regional summit, during which North Korea's recent missile test was in the spotlight.
U.S. Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson, who attended an ASEAN meeting for the first time, was not seen at the dinner.
The Philippines, this year's chair, is expected to seek an agreement in Southeast Asia on ways to engage with North Korea following pressure from the United States to isolate Pyongyang over its recent missile tests.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.