- Title: ASEAN foreign ministers meet with Indian counterpart in sideline meeting
- Date: 6th August 2017
- Summary: MANILA, PHILIPPINES (AUGUST 6, 2017) (HOST BROADCASTER POOL) INDIAN FOREIGN MINISTER VIJAY KUMAR SINGH BEING GREETED BY OFFICIALS INSIDE MANILA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT VARIOUS OF SINGH COMING DOWN FROM ESCALATOR VARIOUS OF SINGH SITTING IN WAITING ROOM SINGH BOARDING VEHICLE SINGH INSIDE VEHICLE VEHICLE LEAVING AIRPORT FOREIGN MINISTERS STANDING ON STAGE (MUTE) ASEAN FOREIGN MINISTERS AND SINGH INTERLOCKING HANDS FOR PHOTOS (MUTE) FOREIGN MINISTERS RETURNING TO SEATS (MUTE) VARIOUS OF MEETING IN PROGRESS SINGH SITTING BEHIND DESK (SOUNDBITE) (English) INDIAN FOREIGN MINISTER, VIJAY KUMAR SINGH, SAYING: "From the Indian perspective, ASEAN occupies a central place in the security architecture of Asian Pacific region. It is our view that precisely because ASEAN represents the cultural, commercial and physical crossroads of the region it has the unique ability to reflect and harmonize larger interest of the world beyond it." MEETING IN PROGRESS
- Embargoed: 20th August 2017 10:15
- Keywords: India ASEAN foreign ministers ARF Vijay Kumar Singh
- Location: MANILA, PHILIPPINES
- City: MANILA, PHILIPPINES
- Country: Philippines
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016T0OHTX
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Foreign ministers from the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) held bilateral talks with Indian counterpart Vijay Kumar Singh during the sidelines of its regional meeting on Sunday (August 6).
Singh said, ASEAN plays an important role in the "security architecture of Asian Pacific region" which the world has expressed interest.
India is among the 27 nations attending the ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF) on Monday (August 7), where the ministers are expected to discuss issues of mutual interests, especially on security. North Korea's recent missile test is expected to be on the spotlight.
Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi on the same day has urged his North Korean counterpart to abide by United Nations resolutions and pressed South Korea and the United States to ensure that they take no provocative actions.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None