- Title: Trump eyes top policy aide for communications director role: official
- Date: 6th August 2017
- Summary: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES (AUGUST 2, 2017) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) TRUMP ADVISOR STEPHEN MILLER, SPEAKING ABOUT TRUMP'S NEW LEGAL IMMIGRATION PROPOSAL, SAYING: "Jim, as a factual question, Jim. Jim as a factual question."
- Embargoed: 20th August 2017 02:23
- Keywords: Trump White House communications team Stephen Miller Anthony Scaramucci John Kelly
- Location: WASHINGTON, D.C; JOINT BASE ANDREWS, MARYLAND; NEW YORK CITY AND RONKONKOMA, NEW YORK,UNITED STATES
- City: WASHINGTON, D.C; JOINT BASE ANDREWS, MARYLAND; NEW YORK CITY AND RONKONKOMA, NEW YORK,UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0026T0P5JB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:The White House may appoint a senior policy adviser with hardline views on immigration, who recently sparred with reporters in a televised briefing, as its new communications director, a senior administration official said on Saturday (August 5).
Stephen Miller, a top aide and speechwriter for President Donald Trump, is a candidate to lead the White House's communications team after a series of personnel changes in the more than six months that Trump has been president.
The official did not say how many people were on the short list but the Axios news site reported on Saturday that Miller is not the top contender.
Last week, Trump ousted White House communications Chief Anthony Scaramucci over an obscene tirade to a New Yorker magazine writer only 10 days after he was appointed, leaving the position vacant.
Retired Marine Corps General John Kelly, the new chief of staff who sources said was seeking to impose order on a White House riven with factions and backbiting, is said to have recommended the move.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None