- Title: China says hopes North and South Korea can make contact soon
- Date: 7th August 2017
- Summary: NORTH KOREAN FOREIGN MINISTER RI YONG-HO INTERLOCKING HANDS WITH OTHER MINISTERS FOR PHOTOS RI YONG-HO LOOKING ON FOREIGN MINISTERS INTERLOCKING HANDS FOREIGN MINISTERS STEPPING DOWN FROM STAGE VARIOUS OF RI LOOKING ON
- Embargoed: 21st August 2017 04:37
- Keywords: North Korea South Korea talks China ASEAN
- Location: MANILA, PHILIPPINES
- City: MANILA, PHILIPPINES
- Country: Philippines
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0046T5PXS5
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:China's foreign minister on Monday (August 7) said his country supported initiatives put forward by South Korea to handle tensions on the Korean peninsula and Beijing was ready to see contact made soon between the North and South on the issue.
Wang Yi told reporters on the sidelines of a regional security meeting in Manila that he hoped those countries could improve relations, and that North Korea's foreign minister did not entirely reject differences in opinion voiced by his South Korean counterpart.
North Korea's foreign minister Ri Yong-ho told his South Korean counterpart Kang Kyung-wha in a meeting on Sunday (August 6) that Seoul's proposal to improve ties with the North "lacks sincerity", the South's Yonhap News Agency reported on Monday.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None