- Title: Father of Dutch Queen Maxima dies in Argentina
- Date: 9th August 2017
- Summary: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA (FILE - 2002) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF FATHER OF QUEEN MAXIMA, JORGE ZORREGUIETA TALKING TO OFFICIALS AT AGRICULTURE CONFERENCE
- Embargoed: 23rd August 2017 00:37
- Keywords: Queen Maxima of the Netherlands King Willem-Alexander Jorge Zorreguieta
- Location: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA AND THE HAGUE, NETHERLANDS
- City: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA AND THE HAGUE, NETHERLANDS
- Country: Argentina
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Royals
- Reuters ID: LVA0026TBRYVB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: **EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: EDIT CONTAINS VIDEO WHICH WAS ORIGINALLY 4:3**
Jorge Zorreguieta, the father of the Netherlands' Argentine-born queen Maxima, has died in Buenos Aires of cancer at age 89, the Royal House said on Wednesday (August 9).
Zorreguieta served as Argentina's Minister of Agriculture during the violent regime of General Jorge Rafael Videla. Because of that association, he was barred from attending key ceremonies involving the Dutch Royal House, including his daughter's 2002 marriage to then Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, as well as Willem-Alexander's 2013 accession to the throne.
The Royal House said Zorreguieta would be buried in "closed circle" with Maxima, Willem-Alexander and their three daughters in attendance.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None