- Title: Foreign Ministers from Americas gather in Lima to discuss Venezuela crisis
- Date: 8th August 2017
- Summary: LIMA, PERU (AUGUST 8, 2017) (REUTERS) ****WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** STREET IN LIMA'S HISTORIC CENTER SECURITY GUARDING THE PERUVIAN FOREIGN MINISTRY GENERAL VIEW OF FOREIGN MINISTERS FROM THE AMERICAS GATHERED TO DISCUSS VENEZUELA'S POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC CRISIS COSTA RICAN FOREIGN MINISTER, MANUEL GONZALEZ SANZ, AND ORGANIZATION OF AMERICAN STATES REPRESENTATIVE FROM GRENADA, ANGUS FRIDAY GENERAL VIEW OF MEETING VARIOUS OF MINISTERS MEETING PERUVIAN FOREIGN MINISTER, RICARDO LUNA, AT THE HEAD OF THE TABLE PAN OF FOREIGN MINISTERS AT TABLE GENERAL VIEW OF MEETING GUATEMALAN FOREIGN MINISTER, CARLOS MORALES MOSCOSO, ALONGSIDE UNIDENTIFIED OFFICIAL LUNA AT THE HEAD OF THE TABLE VARIOUS OF FOREIGN MINISTERS GATHERED AROUND TABLE
- Embargoed: 22nd August 2017 16:59
- Keywords: Nicolas Maduro Venezuela crisis foreign ministers
- Location: LIMA, PERU
- City: LIMA, PERU
- Country: Peru
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016TAROSN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Foreign Ministers from countries throughout the Americas gathered in Lima on Tuesday (August 8) to discuss the political and economic crisis in Venezuela.
Ministers from most Latin American countries as well as Saint Lucia, Jamaica, Canada and Grenada met at Peru's foreign ministry to take up the discussion.
The meeting comes just days after the inauguration of a government-backed Constituent Assembly widely panned among much of the international community.
In days prior to the meeting Peruvian Foreign Minister Ricardo Luna said he expected the ministers to issue a statement calling for a dismantling of the Constituent Assembly and restoration of authority to the opposition-led National Assembly.
Some 130 people have been killed in protest-related clashes in Venezuela over the past four months.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None