- Title: Protesters march against South Africa's Zuma amid no-confidence vote
- Date: 8th August 2017
- Summary: DA SUPPORTERS SINGING AND DANCING
- Embargoed: 22nd August 2017 13:28
- Keywords: lawmakers of South Africa's ruling African National Congress (ANC) President Jacob Zuma no-confidence motion in parliament accusations of corruption
- Location: CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
- City: CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
- Country: South Africa
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0036TAR5TZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: In Cape Town, where South African parliament is located, thousands of opposition supporters held a rally on Tuesday (August 8) as a parliamentary debate on a motion of no-confidence in the scandal-plagued President Jacob Zuma was underway.
Protesters were carrying posters saying "Fire Zuma" and a cartoon of Zuma in a dustbin.
The leader of the opposition Democratic Alliance urged South African lawmakers to oust President Jacob Zuma at the start of a parliamentary debate on Tuesday.
Zuma, who has held power since 2009, would have to relinquish office if he loses the vote expected once the debate ends, however lawmakers in South Africa's ruling African National Congress (ANC) pledged to back President Jacob Zuma in a no-confidence motion in parliament.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.