- Title: ARF ministers attend closing ceremony after three-day regional meeting
- Date: 8th August 2017
- Summary: MANILA, PHILIPPINES (AUGUST 8, 2017) (HOST BROADCASTER POOL) ARRIVAL OF NORTH KOREAN FOREIGN MINISTER RI YONG-HO DELEGATES WALKING IN HALL WAY ARRIVAL OF PHILIPPINE PRESIDENT RODRIGO DUTERTE RI ARRIVING TO GREET DUTERTE CHINESE FOREIGN MINISTER WANG YI GREETING DUTERTE RUSSIAN FOREIGN MINISTER SERGEY LAVROV GREETING DUTERTE JAPAN FOREIGN MINISTER TARO KONO GREETING DUTERTE SOUTH KOREAN FOREIGN MINISTER KANG KYUNG-WHA GREETING DUTERTE INTERIOR OF HALL FOR CLOSING CEREMONY
- Embargoed: 22nd August 2017 05:17
- Keywords: ASEAN Philippines foreign ministers Japan closing ceremony North Korea ARF South Korea China arrival Russia
- Location: MANILA, PHILIPPINES
- City: MANILA, PHILIPPINES
- Country: Philippines
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016TAPQH1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Foreign ministers from the ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF) joined a closing ceremony to mark the end of a three-day ministerial meeting on Tuesday (August 8).
Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi, North Korean Foreign Minister Ri Yong-ho, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, South Korean Foreign Minister Kang Kyung-wha were among the attendees greeted by Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, the rotating chair of this year's ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) gathering.
"Heated discussions" took place about North Korea's missile tests and South China Sea disputes at the security forum on Monday (August 7), and most countries believed U.N. sanctions on Pyongyang should be fully implemented.
Foreign ministers of Southeast Asia and China adopted on Sunday (August 6) a negotiating framework for a code of conduct in the South China Sea, a move they hailed as progress but seen by critics as tactic to buy China time to consolidate its maritime power.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None