- Title: France calls on all sides to de-escalate North Korea situation
- Date: 9th August 2017
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (AUGUST 9, 2017) (AGENCY POOL) EXTERIOR OF ELYSEE PRESIDENTIAL PALACE FRENCH GOVERNMENT SPOKESMAN, CHRISTOPHE CASTANER, WALKING DOWN STEPS
- Embargoed: 23rd August 2017 15:00
- Keywords: North Korea France calls for de-escalation United States ballistic missiles
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,International/National Security
- Reuters ID: LVA0016TFQSZR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: France on Wednesday (August 9) called on all the concerned parties to act responsibly and de-escalate the situation regarding North Korea, after North Korea said it was considering plans for a missile strike on the U.S. Pacific territory of Guam.
French government spokesman Christophe Castaner said France was "preoccupied" by the situation during a news briefing at the Elysee presidential palace in Paris.
North Korea's threat against Guam came just hours after U.S. President Donald Trump had said that any threat to the United States would be met with "fire and fury."
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None