- Title: Inflatable chicken stares down the White House
- Date: 10th August 2017
- Summary: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES (AUGUST 9, 2017) (REUTERS) WIDE OF INFLATABLE CHICKEN ON THE ELLIPSE OUTSIDE THE GROUNDS OF THE WHITE HOUSE CLOSE OF CHICKEN'S GOLDEN FEET INFLATABLE CHICKEN'S FACE CLOSE OF CHICKEN'S HAIR SPECTATORS TAKING PHOTOGRAPHS CLOSE OF CHICKEN'S MOUTH (SOUNDBITE) (English) TARAN SINGH BRAR, OWNER OF THE INFLATABLE CHICKEN, SAYING: "I am doing this to bring awareness to how bad and destabilizing our leader is and his weak and insecure behavior. For example, the president has not released his tax returns, he seems afraid to do that. He seems afraid to stand up to Vladimir Putin and he's playing a game of chicken with North Korea, and yet, he wants a military parade in D.C.? That's incongruous." WIDE OF CHICKEN AS SEEN FROM THE BACK PEOPLE TAKING PHOTOGRAPHS MORE OF CHICKEN FROM THE BACK, PAN TO WHITE HOUSE FRONT OF WHITE HOUSE WIDE OF CHICKEN STANDING IN FRONT OF THE WHITE HOUSE
- Embargoed: 24th August 2017 07:42
- Keywords: Inflatable chicken White House Trump Rooster
- Location: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- City: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Human Interest / Brights / Odd News,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA0016TFSCAV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: An inflatable chicken popped up outside the grounds of the White House on Wednesday (August 9). The chicken, named Don, sported a shock of golden hair, styled in a manner similar to U.S. President Donald Trump's.
TV images showed the giant white chicken tethered to the Ellipse facing the White House. Its owner, Taran Singh Brar, a resident of Orange County, California, said he was using the inflatable to "bring awareness to how bad and destabilizing our leader is."
Earlier this year, a similar inflatable was used by organizers of the Tax Day march to urge Trump to release his taxes.
Trump is currently on a 17-day vacation in Bedminster, New Jersey.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None