- Title: French police arrest suspect behind attack on soldiers in Paris - source
- Date: 9th August 2017
- Summary: MARQUISE, FRANCE (AUGUST 9, 2017) (REUTERS) MASKED POLICE STANDING NEXT TO BMW VEHICLE WITH SMASHED WINDOW BMW VEHICLE RIDDLED WITH BULLETS VARIOUS OF MASKED POLICE STANDING NEXT TO BMW VEHICLE RIDDLED WITH BULLETS SCENE OF ARREST WITH EMERGENCY SERVICES POLICEMAN TAKING PICTURES OF VEHICLE SMASHED WINDOW IN VEHICLE VARIOUS OF MASKED POLICE AT SCENE HEAVILY ARMED AND MASKED POLICE AT SCENE VARIOUS OF EMERGENCY SERVICES AND JUDICIAL POLICE AT SCENE VARIOUS OF HELICOPTER TAKING OFF
- Embargoed: 23rd August 2017 14:30
- Keywords: France police Sentinelle soldiers arrest BMW car motorway Levallois-Perret
- Location: MARQUISE, FRANCE
- City: MARQUISE, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,International/National Security
- Reuters ID: LVA0016TFR41Z
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:The suspect who rammed a car into a group of soldiers in a Parisian suburb on Wednesday (August 9), injuring six before speeding off and sparking a manhunt, was arrested on the A16 highway in northern France, a judicial source said.
A Reuters journalist saw the BMW believed to have been used in the attack, riddled with bullet holes and surrounded by masked police.
In an attack that authorities said bore the stamp of terrorism, the driver appeared to have lain in wait for the soldiers in a pedestrian zone near their base in Levallois-Perret.
The affluent suburb on the northwestern edge of Paris is home to France's domestic counter-terrorism agency. Several dozen troops from Operation Sentinelle, launched in the wake of Islamist attacks in Paris in early 2015, are based there.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None