- Title: France opens anti-terrorist inquiry after hit-and-run on soldiers
- Date: 9th August 2017
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (AUGUST 9, 2017) (AGENCY POOL) EXTERIOR OF ELYSEE PRESIDENTIAL PALACE FRENCH FOREIGN AND EUROPEAN AFFAIRS MINISTER, JEAN-YVES LE DRIAN, AND TRANSPORT MINISTER, ELISABETH BORNE, LEAVING ELYSEE FRENCH PRIME MINISTER, EDOUARD PHILIPPE, LEAVING ELYSEE FRENCH INTERIOR MINISTER, GERARD COLLOMB, AND FRENCH ARMED FORCES MINISTER, FLORENCE PARLY, LEAVING ELYSEE FRENCH GOVERNMENT SPOKESMAN, CHRISTOPHE CASTANER, LEAVING ELYSEE
- Embargoed: 23rd August 2017 12:22
- Keywords: Christophe Castaner France Levallois-Perret soldiers suspected terrorist attack counter-terrorist probe
- Location: PARIS AND LEVALLOIS-PERRET, FRANCE
- City: PARIS AND LEVALLOIS-PERRET, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice
- Reuters ID: LVA0026TFPY6F
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Counter-terrorism prosecutors have been assigned to a hit-and-run incident that left six soldiers injured in a Parisian suburb on Wednesday (August 9), French government spokesman Christophe Castaner said.
A car, which police said was dark-coloured and probably a BMW, rammed into a group of soldiers in Levallois-Perret, a relatively affluent suburb on the western edge of Paris.
Castaner said the injured soldiers were being treated in two specialized hospitals.
The incident follows a string of Islamist-inspired attacks on soldiers and police, who have been deployed in large numbers nationwide after calls by militant group Islamic State for attacks on France and other countries bombing its strongholds in Syria and Iraq.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None