- Title: Hit-and-run on soldiers a 'deliberate act' - French interior minister
- Date: 9th August 2017
- Summary: SAINT-MANDE, FRANCE (AUGUST 9, 2017) (REUTERS) COLLOMB SAYING GOODBYE TO PARLY AND GETTING INTO CAR CARS LEAVING SIGN FOR BEGIN ARMY HOSPITAL
- Embargoed: 23rd August 2017 13:25
- Keywords: Levallois-Perret France Sentinelle soldiers Gerard Collomb Florence Parly
- Location: SAINT-MANDE, FRANCE
- City: SAINT-MANDE, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice
- Reuters ID: LVA0096TFPYYV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: French Interior Minister Gerard Collomb on Wednesday (August 9) condemned the hit-and-run on Sentinelle soldiers in a Parisian suburb that left six injured, calling it a "deliberate act".
In an attack that authorities said bore the stamp of terrorism, the driver appeared to have lain in wait for the soldiers in a pedestrian zone near their base in Levallois-Perret.
Collomb and French Armed Forces Minister Florence Parly spoke to journalists after visiting three of six injured at the Begin military hospital. Parly said the soldiers were not as seriously injured as previously thought.
The attack was the 15th on soldiers and police since they were deployed in large numbers nationwide after a series of Islamist militant attacks over the past two-and-a-half years.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None