- Title: Chinese foreign minister meets his Canadian counterpart in Beijing
- Date: 9th August 2017
- Summary: BEIJING, CHINA (AUGUST 9, 2017) (REUTERS) ****WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** CHINESE FOREIGN MINISTER WANG YI SHAKING HANDS WITH HIS CANADIAN COUNTERPART CHRYSTIA FREELAND, POSING FOR PHOTOS AND LEAVING MEETING IN PROGRESS WANG SPEAKING FREELAND LISTENING AND NODDING WANG SPEAKING WHILE CHINESE OFFICIALS SEATED MEETING IN PROGRESS FREELAND SPEAKING WANG LISTENING AND NODDING FREELAND SPEAKING WHILE CANADIAN OFFICIALS SEATED MEETING IN PROGRESS
- Embargoed: 23rd August 2017 06:07
- Keywords: China Canada relations China Canada Wang Yi Chrystia Freeland
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA
- City: BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0016TFPJ5Z
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi met with his Canadian counterpart Chrystia Freeland on Wednesday (August 9) in Beijing.
Wang and Freeland shook hands before sitting down for talks at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Wang said this the meeting was the second annual meeting between the two countries' foreign ministers and China hopes to work with Canada to initiate "a new golden era" in bilateral relations.
Freeland said ties with China were a priority and that Canada is proud of its long history of an independent and particular relationship with China.
Both ministers recently attended regional meetings with their counterparts from Southeast Asia and other nations in Manila.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None