- Title: Fights mar Chargers and Rams training session
- Date: 10th August 2017
- Summary: CHARGERS QUARTERBACK PHILIP RIVERS WATCHES AS MORE FIGHTING ERUPTS RAMS COACH SEAN MCVAY SPEAKING TO MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (English) RAMS COACH SEAN MCVAY, SAYING: "You know starting out with the one-on-ones, guys are competitors, that's what makes them great and you know we always want to be smart about it but you know those are things that we'll be able to look at and figure out exactly what happened. You know, going back and forth, it's hard to say exactly what had gone on but I thought the guys did a nice job of regaining their poise and finding a way to get through this practice where we both got something out of it." MORE OF TRAINING SESSION BETWEEN THE RAMS AND THE CHARGERS VARIOUS OF FANS ATTENDING JOINT-PRACTICE
- Embargoed: 24th August 2017 20:37
- Keywords: Rams Chargers NFL brawl training
- Location: IRVINE, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: IRVINE, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: American Football,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0026TKRPZ3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: They may represent the same city, but Los Angeles' Rams and Chargers were anything but friendly when their joint-practice on Wednesday (August 9) descended into fisticuffs. Fighting broke out as Rams cornerback Trumaine Johnson reacted to a push by Chargers receiver Dontrelle Inman as Inman was thrown a pass from Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers. Video footage from the practice showed the all-out brawl that followed.
Rams Coach Sean McVay praised the players for 'regaining their poise and finding a way to get through this practice.'
Starting this fall, the Los Angeles area will have two National Football League teams in a potential boost to the region's leisure and tourism industry. The nation's second-largest city had no NFL team from 1994 until the St. Louis Rams moved and began playing there last year.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None