- Title: S&P 500 falls 1.4 pct in biggest one-day drop since May
- Date: 10th August 2017
- Summary: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (AUGUST 10, 2017) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) REGENTATLANTIC CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER, CHRIS CORDERO, SAYING: "It's just a little bit of jitters about that. And it seems that the markets had a great run up and individual clients I'm talking to are looking for a potential decline here. So I think it's just a little bit of jitters, but unfounded jitters."
- Embargoed: 24th August 2017 21:34
- Keywords: New York Stock Exchange NYSE closing bell markets Uber Travis Kalanick
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Economic Events,Equities Markets
- Reuters ID: LVA0026TKQPOT
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The S&P 500 index ended Thursday with its biggest one-day drop since May 17 as investors fled riskier assets in response to an exchange of threats between the United States and North Korea.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 204.69 points, or 0.93 percent, to 21,844.01, the S&P 500 lost 35.8 points, or 1.45 percent, to 2,438.22 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 135.46 points, or 2.13 percent, to 6,216.87.
Venture capital firm Benchmark Capital is suing former Uber Chief Executive Officer Travis Kalanick to force him to leave the board of the ride services company and rescind his ability to fill three board seats, according to a copy of the lawsuit obtained by news website Axios.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None