- Title: London double-decker bus crashes into building, passengers injured
- Date: 10th August 2017
- Summary: LAVENDER HILL, LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (AUGUST 10, 2017) (REUTERS) POLICE VEHICLES IN STREET / DOUBLE-DECKER BUS CRASHED INTO BUILDING IN BACKGROUND CLOSE OF UPPER DECK OF DOUBLE-DECKER BUS EMERGENCY WORKERS STANDING NEXT TO DOUBLE-DECKER BUS EMERGENCY VEHICLE ARRIVING AT SCENE VARIOUS OF AREA CORDONED OFF / EMERGENCY WORKERS STANDING NEAR DOUBLE-DECKER BUS VARIOUS OF EMERGENCY VEHICLES AND WORKERS AT SCENE FIREFIGHTER SURVEYING UPPER DECK OF DOUBLE-DECKER BUS
- Embargoed: 24th August 2017 10:32
- Keywords: double-decker bus crashing into building south London Lavender Hill London's Clapham Junction train station
- Location: LAVENDER HILL, LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- City: LAVENDER HILL, LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents
- Reuters ID: LVA0026TKQ1XJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A double-decker bus crashed into a building in south London, British police said on Thursday (August 10), injuring a number of people and trapping two passengers inside.
The Metropolitan Police said they had been called to reports of a collision on Lavender Hill, near London's busy Clapham Junction train station.
"The driver has been taken to a south London hospital. A number of passengers were treated by LAS (London Ambulance Service) at the scene," police said in a statement. "Two passengers remain trapped on the upper deck. The road is currently closed to traffic."
Video and photographs taken by eyewitnesses and local media showed the bus on the pavement having caused extensive damage to the building.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None