- Title: U.S. Colonel: 'ISIS is losing'
- Date: 10th August 2017
- Summary: WEST MOSUL, IRAQ (AUGUST 7, 2017) (REUTERS) AN IRAQI FLAG ON TOP OF BUILDING VARIOUS OF DEBRIS AND DESTRUCTION IN STREET SOLDIER WALKING PAST DEBRIS
- Embargoed: 24th August 2017 17:13
- Keywords: Islamic State Iraq U.S. U.S. military war
- Location: WEST MOSUL, BAGHDAD, IRAQ; UNKNOWN LOCATION
- City: WEST MOSUL, BAGHDAD, IRAQ; UNKNOWN LOCATION
- Country: Iraq
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Military Conflicts
- Reuters ID: LVA0016TKRAYV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Islamic State is losing the fight in Iraq and Syria, according to U.S. Army Colonel Ryan Dillon, the spokesman for the Combined Joint Task Force.
"ISIS is losing and will continue to lose under the pressure of our partner forces and the coalition until they are defeated in Iraq and Syria," he said in a briefing from Baghdad Thursday (August 10).
Islamic State issued a video on Wednesday threatening new attacks in the Iranian capital Tehran and calling on young Iranians to rise up and launch jihad in their country.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None