- Title: Bomb in Quetta, Pakistan leaves at least 15 dead
- Date: 12th August 2017
- Summary: QUETTA, PAKISTAN (AUGUST 12, 2017) (REUTERS) (NIGHT TIME SHOTS) PEOPLE RUNNING AWAY FROM FLAMES AT SCENE OF BOMB BLAST VARIOUS OF AMBULANCES AT BLAST SITE QUETTA, PAKISTAN (AUGUST 12, 2017) (REUTERS) (MATERIAL ORIGINALLY 4:3) (NIGHT TIME SHOTS) PEOPLE RUNNING AS FLAMES SPREAD VEHICLE OF FRONTIER CONSTABULARY (FC) PARKED NEAR BLAST SITE POLICE VEHICLE DRIVING TOWARDS BLAST SCENE (SOUNDBITE) (Urdu) BALUCHISTAN PROVINCIAL HOME MINISTER, SARFARAZ BUGTI, SAYING: "A vehicle belonging to our security forces was targeted. According to the information we have received so far, there are around 15 casualties, people who have been martyred. Around 40 people are injured." AMBULANCES PARKED OUTSIDE HOSPITAL SECURITY PERSONNEL WALKING TOWARDS HOSPITAL
- Embargoed: 26th August 2017 19:57
- Keywords: Quetta bomb Pakistan bomb Quetta blast
- Location: QUETTA, PAKISTAN
- City: QUETTA, PAKISTAN
- Country: Pakistan
- Topics: Bombing (non-military),Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA0016TUPDTZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS NOTE: MATERIAL AS INCOMING AND INCLUDES PART MATERIAL ORIGINALLY 4:3
A bomb exploded near a crowded market in the Pakistani city of Quetta on Saturday (August 12), killing at least 15 people, officials said, the latest attack to hit the restive southwestern province of Baluchistan.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility from any of the Islamist militants and separatist insurgent movements active in the resource-rich province, which is a key part of a $57 billion Chinese economic corridor through Pakistan.
The powerful blast hit as a paramilitary patrol passed by on the road, Baluchistan provincial home minister Sarfraz Bugti said, adding the patrol may have been the target.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None