- Title: U.S. assisting Americans impacted by Barcelona attack -Tillerson
- Date: 17th August 2017
- Summary: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES (AUGUST 17, 2017) (STATE TV) WIDE OF U.S. SECRETARY OF STATE REX TILLERSON AT THE LECTERN
- Embargoed: 31st August 2017 18:36
- Keywords: U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson terror attack in Barcelona Spain Trump Twitter Trump tweet
- Location: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES / INTERNET
- City: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES / INTERNET
- Country: USA
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0026UJQNGN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Thursday (August 17) said U.S. consulates in Spain were assisting Americans who may have been impacted by the apparent attack in Barcelona that left at least one person dead and scores injured.
Tillerson was speaking at the start of a joint news conference in Washington with U.S. Secretary of Defense James Mattis and their Japanese counterparts.
President Donald Trump acknowledged the attack on Twitter, saying: "The United States condemns the terror attack in Barcelona, Spain, and will do whatever is necessary to help. Be tough & strong, we love you!"
- Copyright Holder: STATE DEPARTMENT TV
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None