- Title: S&P 500 posts biggest daily drop in three months
- Date: 17th August 2017
- Summary: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (AUGUST 17, 2017) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) WASHINGTON CROSSING ADVISORS PORTFOLIO MANAGER CHAD MORGANLANDER, SAYING: "It is uncertainty on the geopolitical front, on the domestic policy front, and as well it seems as if you have valuations that are stretched, so investors are looking for a reason to actually take risk off at this point in time."
- Embargoed: 31st August 2017 21:17
- Keywords: New York Stock Exchange NYSE closing bell markets stocks
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Economic Events,Equities Markets
- Reuters ID: LVA0026UJPGUL
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.S. stocks sold off on Thursday (August 17), pushing the S&P 500 to its lowest in a month, as escalating worries about the Trump administration's ability to push through its agenda rattled investors.
The benchmark index also posted its biggest percentage fall since May 17.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 274.48 points, or 1.25 percent, to end at 21,750.39, the S&P 500 lost 38.05 points, or 1.54 percent, to 2,430.06 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 123.20 points, or 1.94 percent, to 6,221.91.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None