- Title: Filming of next 'Mission: Impossible' on hiatus after Cruise breaks ankle
- Date: 16th August 2017
- Summary: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (FILE - JUNE 06, 2017) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF TOM CRUISE POSING FOR PHOTOS TOM CRUISE SPEAKING WITH REPORTER VARIOUS OF CRUISE WITH FANS
- Embargoed: 30th August 2017 20:23
- Keywords: Tom Cruise Mission: Impossible movie accident ankle Paramount film
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA0016UER7F1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Tom Cruise broke his ankle while performing a stunt on the set of the upcoming "Mission: Impossible 6," causing production on the action film to go on hiatus while he recovers, Paramount Pictures said in a statement on Wednesday (August 16).
Paramount said the action movie remains on schedule to open on July 27, 2018.
Cruise, 55, who is known for doing his own stunts, was seen in a video on celebrity news website TMZ trying to jump between the roofs of two high-rise buildings and landing hard against a building wall, during filming in London at the weekend. He was later seen limping off the set.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None