- Title: Daniel Craig confirms he will return as James Bond
- Date: 16th August 2017
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (FILE - OCTOBER 26, 2015) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** POSTER OF JAMES BOND ACTOR DANIEL CRAIG, AND ACTRESS LEA SEYDOUX VARIOUS OF CRAIG POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS VARIOUS OF CRAIG TALKING TO MEDIA SEYDOUX POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS, CRAIG JOINS HER, CRAIG GREETING BELLUCI, SEYDOUX GREETING BELLUCI, ALL THREE POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS ISTANBUL, TURKEY (FILE - APRIL 29, 2012) (REUTERS) "SKYFALL" CREW POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS DIRECTOR SAM MENDES, ACTRESS NAOMIE HARRIS, ACTOR DANIEL CRAIG, ACTRESS BERENCE MARLOHE AND ACTOR OLA RAPACE POSING FOR MEDIA VARIOUS OF CAST POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS
- Embargoed: 30th August 2017 09:49
- Keywords: James Bond Bond 007 Daniel Craig film movie franchise
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / ISTANBUL, TURKEY
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / ISTANBUL, TURKEY
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA0016UEOVNX
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: British actor Daniel Craig has confirmed he will reprise the role of James Bond one last time, ending months of speculation.
Craig made the revelation during an appearance on the U.S. TV programme "The Late Show" on Tuesday. Asked by host Stephen Colbert whether he would return as James Bond, Craig responded: "Yes", to cheers from the audience.
Craig has appeared four times as the spy with a taste for martini: in "Casino Royale", "Quantum of Solace", "Skyfall" and "Spectre".
Eon Productions, the company that runs the movie franchise, said on its website that the 25th Bond movie would be released in U.S. cinemas on Nov. 8, 2019, with a traditional early release in Britain and the rest of the world.
Asked by Colbert whether he would appear in any further Bond movies after that one, Craig said no.
"I think this is it. I just want to go out on a high note and I can't wait," he said.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None