- Title: Weed fair lights up Mexico City
- Date: 18th August 2017
- Summary: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO (AUGUST 18, 2017) (REUTERS) EXHIBITOR DEMONSTRATING HOW TO USE A GLASS PIPE AT EXPOWEED CANNABIS FAIR IN MEXICO CITY EXHIBITOR TALKING TO ATTENDEES ABOUT PIPE EXHIBITOR EXPLAINING HOW TO USE PIPE TO ATTENDEES TWO ATTENDEES POSING FOR SELFIE, ONE WITH MARIJUANA LEAF MASK EXHIBIT STAND AT FAIR ATTENDEES LOOKING AT PIPES COLOURFUL PIPES ON SHELF GENERAL VIEW OF AISLE OF FAIR WITH STANDS AND ATTENDEES EXHIBIT STAND SIGN READING "CANNABISALUD" ("CANNABIS HEALTH") GLASS PIPE IN MAN'S HAND AND UV LIGHT FAIR LOGO ON SCREEN READING "EXPOWEED - THE CANNABIS FAIR IN AMERICA" AND SCREEN READING "CANAMO, THE MAGAZINE OF CANNABIS CULTURE" (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) CANNABIS CONSULTANT AND ENTREPRENEUR, LORENA BELTRAN, SAYING: "Without education and information, we aren't going to get anywhere. Should they pass a law, yes. But, do we know it, do we know the benefits of cannabis? People still have a very negative stigma regarding this plant. Why? Because we're a Latin country where we live with the drug war, very close, very much in the flesh." CARDBOARD PLANTERS FOR CANNABIS CULTIVATION INDOOR LAMP FOR CULTIVATION GENERAL VIEW OF SUPPLIES FOR INDOOR CULTIVATION (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) MEMBER OF EXPOWEED'S ORGANIZING COMMITTEE, JULIO SENIZ, SAYING: "There have been many changes in the regulation of cannabis in the United States, in Colombia, in Uruguay, so Mexico can't remain isolated to this trend, which is a regional trend. And, well, it's time for people to be able to attend an event like this to hear the voice of experts, what are the advances, and what are the uses of cannabis." SIGN ON STAND ABOUT MEDICINAL MARIJUANA STANDS AT FAIR WITH ATTENDEES GROUP OF ATTENDEES TALKING TO EXHIBITOR (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) EXHIBITOR AND THE FATHER OF A PATIENT TREATED WITH MARIJUANA-DERIVED MEDICINE, RAUL ELIZALDE, SAYING: "They aren't drugs for us, they are industrial products, products that are now commercialized in many countries around the world and (I hope people) come to pick up some information, especially people who have some prejudices, (I hope) they come to understand what we are talking about." FAIR ATTENDEES MULLING IN AISLE MAN SMOKING CANNABIS-BASED PRODUCTS ON DISPLAY INDOOR CULTIVATION DISPLAY VARIOUS PIPES ON DISPLAY
- Embargoed: 1st September 2017 23:20
- Keywords: Mexico City Mexico Weedexpo Weed Expo cannabis marijuana pot fair weed fair
- Location: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO
- City: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO
- Country: Mexico
- Topics: Living / Lifestyle,Human Interest / Brights / Odd News,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA0016UOPT8J
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Mexico City's World Trade Centre was the site of the second annual Expoweed Mexico on Friday (August 18), where activists, legalisation advocates, publishers, vendors and growers come together to engage the public on the uses of the marijuana plant.
In addition to some 60 exhibitors, Expoweed includes a series of conferences and panel discussion with experts, activists and legislators on the legal status of marijuana in Mexico during a three day fair.
Raul Elizalde is an exhibitor at the event who hopes to promote a greater understanding of the uses of marijuana among the public. Elizalde went to court to obtain access to medical marijuana for his daughter who suffers from a condition that causes severe seizures.
Mexico's government legalized the use of marijuana and cannabis for medical and scientific needs earlier this year, but recreational marijuana is still broadly prohibited.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None