- Title: Frankfurt sign midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng for two seasons
- Date: 18th August 2017
- Summary: FRANKFURT, GERMANY (AUGUST 18, 2017) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** NEW EINTRACHT FRANKFURT MIDFIELDER KEVIN-PRINCE BOATENG AND FRANKFURT EINTRACHT BOARD REPRESENTATIVE FREDI BOBIC ARRIVING TO NEWS CONFERENCE VARIOUS OF BATENG AND BOBIC PHOTOGRAPHER BOATENG SMILING JOURNALISTS (SOUNDBITE) (German) NEW EINTRACHT FRANKFURT MIDFIELDER, KEVIN-PRINCE BOATENG, SAYING: "First off, everyone knows this is a traditional club, a very big club and for me a very interesting club, and of course it's close to my home, Milan, a 50-minute flight, so I am right around the corner. Of course I know Fredi (Bobic) very well, (Eintracht coach) Niko (Kovac), (assistant manager) Robert (Kovac), so that was a massive plus, to really have people to cooperate with and that know me, that was important to me, that there were people that know and appreciate me." BOBIC IN VIEWFINDER BOATENG SPEAKING (SOUNDBITE) (German) NEW EINTRACHT FRANKFURT MIDFIELDER, KEVIN-PRINCE BOATENG, SAYING: "I'm looking forward, I'm looking forward to to the chance here, the opportunity and I have even written that I want to try cider here, I'm looking forward to that. But no, the Bundesliga is of course one of the strongest leagues in the world and if you have the chance to play here, naturally you can't say no." CAMERAMEN (SOUNDBITE) (German) NEW EINTRACHT FRANKFURT MIDFIELDER, KEVIN-PRINCE BOATENG, SAYING: "I will wear 17 because it's one of my favourite numbers and about Freiburg, I have to say, I have never liked to play there because it is a very difficult, small stadium and the Freiburger players run a lot, they are very aggressive and you always hear the panting behind you. It was never easy there, I think we will set ourselves up well and I now have a night to reflect on how I will start, if I start, but yes we are Eintracht Frankfurt, we will go and win and then come back home." NEWS CONFERENCE JOURNALISTS / BOATENG POSING WITH BALL VARIOUS OF BOATENG POSING WITH BALL BOATENG HOLDING UP JERSEY JOURNALISTS BOBIC AND BOATENG POSING JOURNALISTS VARIOUS OF BOATENG AND JOURNALISTS
- Embargoed: 1st September 2017 16:53
- Keywords: Kevin-Prince Boateng Bundesliga Las Palmas half brother Jerome
- Location: FRANKFURT, GERMANY
- City: FRANKFURT, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016UOQHQ7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Eintracht Frankfurt on Friday (August 18) signed midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng on a two-year deal with the former Ghana international returning to the Bundesliga after quitting Spain's Las Palmas.
The 30-year-old Boateng, who has also played for Tottenham Hotspur, Portsmouth and twice for AC Milan among other clubs, netted 10 goals and provided five assists for Las Palmas last season.
Berlin-born Boateng, whose half brother Jerome plays for Bayern Munich and Germany, has also played for Borussia Dortmund, Hertha Berlin and Schalke 04 in the Bundesliga.
The Ghanaian midfielder renewed his contract with Las Palmas in May until 2020 but wanted to leave for "personal reasons."
The season kicks off on Friday with champions Bayern Munich taking on Bayer Leverkusen. Eintracht are in action in Freiburg on Sunday (August 20).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None