- Title: Indonesia celebrates one-year countdown to Asian Games
- Date: 18th August 2017
- Summary: JAKARTA, INDONESIA (AUGUST 18, 2017) (REUTERS) ASIAN GAMES BANNERS AT ROAD SIDE BANNER READING (English) "18th ASIAN GAMES, JAKARTA PALEMBANG 2018" EXTERIOR OF MAIN STADIUM GELORA BUNG KARNO STADIUM ENTRANCE UNDER CONSTRUCTION GELORA BUNG KARNO STADIUM TWO WORKERS HANGING ON GONDOLA INDONESIA FLAG STADIUM'S ROOF CONSTRUCTION INTERIOR OF STADIUM VARIOUS OF WORKERS ON PAVING TRACK STADIUM BENCHES TWO WORKER'S HELMETS SEEN AMONG BENCHES TWO WORKERS PULLING CART ONE OF STADIUM ENTRANCE TIMELAPSE OF JAKARTA ROUNDABOUT WITH DIGITAL COUNTDOWN INDICATOR CROWD AT NATIONAL MONUMENT COMPLEX PEOPLE GATHERING INDONESIA PRESIDENT, JOKO WIDODO, ARRIVES AT THE VENUE VARIOUS OF WIDODO AND VICE PRESIDENT, JUSUF KALLA, WALKING INTO STAGE VARIOUS OF WIDODO AND KALLA ON STAGE THE LAUNCHING CEREMONY ONGOING (SOUNDBITE) (Bahasa Indonesia) INDONESIA PRESIDENT, JOKO WIDODO, SAYING: "We welcome in 365 days the 18th Asian Games in 2018." PEOPLE FILMING WITH MOBILE PHONES
- Embargoed: 1st September 2017 16:44
- Keywords: Indonesia 18th Asian Games one-year countdown launching Jakarta
- Location: JAKARTA, INDONESIA
- City: JAKARTA, INDONESIA
- Country: Indonesia
- Topics: Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0016UOOMKF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Indonesia President Joko Widodo launched the one-year countdown ceremony for the Asian Games on Friday (August 18) at the National Monument complex in Jakarta.
It will be the second time Indonesia has hosted the Asian Games.
Indonesia Vice President, Jusuf Kalla, said that preparations should be completed by the end of the year, while the Olympic Council of Asia has previously said that Indonesia faces "huge" challenges in organising the event.
The 2018 Asian Games are due to take place in both Jakarta and the Sumatran city of Palembang from August 18 - September 2, 2018.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None